With up to 200 animals on the grounds each day, the staff of the Humane Society can be hard pressed to provide the individual care and attention each of them deserves. We rely on the generosity of community volunteers to help walk, play with, and attend to the needs of our tenants. We are forever in debt to these kind souls who are willing to dedicate their time to the shelter. If you are interested in becoming a shelter volunteer please give us a call.
If you would like to make a difference in the lives of our animals, we would love to have you join us! In order to be a volunteer you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Children between 12-15 may volunteer only if they have a parent or legal guardian with them at all times
- Young Adults between 16 & 17 may volunteer without a parent, but must have a legal guardian sign their liability waiver
- Be able to donate at least 6 hours a month
- Fill out a Volunteer Registration Application here online or pick one up at the front desk!
- Attend an orientation
- Support the mission, principles and policies of the Humane Society of Southeast Texas.
If you are interested in becoming a HSSET volunteer please head to the shelter to fill out a volunteer application! Our volunteer orientations are held in smaller groups and are specific for your area of interest. We hope to see you soon!